Instructional Delivery and Management
Physical education teacher candidates use effective communication and pedagogical skills and strategies to enhance student engagement and learning.
Elements – Teacher candidates will:
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills across a variety of instructional formats.
- Implement effective demonstrations, explanations, and instructional cues and prompts to link physical activity concepts to appropriate learning experiences.
- Provide effective instructional feedback for skill acquisition, student learning, and motivation.
- Recognize the changing dynamics of the environment and adjust instructional tasks based on student responses.
- Utilize managerial rules, routines, and transitions to create and maintain a safe and effective learning environment.
- Implement strategies to help students demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviors in a productive learning environment.