Planning and Implementation
Physical education teacher candidates plan and implement developmentally appropriate learning experiences aligned with local, state, and national standards to address the diverse needs of all students.
Elements – Teacher candidates will:
- Design and implement short and long term plans that are linked to program and instructional goals as well as a variety of student needs.
- Develop and implement appropriate (e.g., measurable, developmentally appropriate, performance based) goals and objectives aligned with local, state, and /or national standards.
- Design and implement content that is aligned with lesson objectives.
- Plan for and manage resources to provide active, fair, and equitable learning experiences.
- Plan and adapt instruction for diverse student needs, adding specific accommodations and/or modifications for student exceptionalities.
- Plan and implement progressive and sequential instruction that addresses the diverse needs of all students.
- Plan and implement learning experiences that require students to appropriately use technology to meet lesson objectives.